Dr. Jose Y. Dalisay, Jr. is a Professor at the College of Arts and Letters of University of the Philippines Diliman. He had also served as Vice President for Public Affairs during the term of UP President Francisco Nemenzo (2003-2005). A prizewinning creative writer and the author of over 30 books, he earned his BA English degree, cum laude, from the University. He later finished a Master in Fine Arts degree from the University of Michigan and a PhD in English from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
He was named as one of the The Outstanding Young Men of 1993, to the CCP Centennial Honors List in 1998, and to the Palanca Hall of Fame in 2000. He has also been a Fulbright, Rockefeller, Hawthornden, British Council, David TK Wong, and Civitella Ranieri fellow.
The OVPPA was established on March 23, 1983 by virtue of Executive Order No. 4 to bring about effective, coordinated, and simplified organization and management operation that is appropriate to a multi-campus university. The BOR, at its 1134th meeting on 26 August 1999, redefined the functions of the OVPPA, as follows:
1. To develop and maintain relations with government agencies that affect the functions and operations of the University, e.g. CHED, CSC, DBM and the Executive Branch, COA, and the Congress;
2. To develop and maintain alumni relations with alumni associations and individual alumnus/alumna here and abroad;
3. To monitor legislative initiatives related to the University;
4. To develop and maintain media relations;
5. To manage the publication of the UP Newsletter and other periodicals of the University;
6. To develop and maintain relations with the private sector; and
7. To conduct regular review and rationalization of policies on extension work, e.g. Pahinungod programs, and to develop extension services programs.
Under the OVPPA are the following offices:
For more information on the OVPPA, you may visit the website by clicking here or the picture below.